Elevation: Base 4,400 feet
Summit: (Silver King) 7,012 feet
Vertical: 3,100 feet
Trails: 57 Named Trails
Advanced/Expert – 35%
Intermediate – 54%
Beginner – 11%
Average Annual Snowfall: 367 inches
Lifts: 11 Total
Season: The 2016/17 regular season ends on April 23, 2017
Hours: Lifts run daily from 9am – 4pm
If you’ve never been to Crystal Mountain before, you’ll be amazed! We’re so much more than a “local skiing hill”. In fact, it’s easy to spend your whole winter vacation here.
Crystal Mountain is Washington’s largest ski area, with 3100 feet of vertical, 2600 acres of awesome terrain and the most incredible summit views of Mt. Rainier anywhere. For the skier or snowboarder, there’s everything from gentle groomed cruising runs for beginners to challenging steeps, backcountry, glades, chutes and unbelievable black (and double black) runs for the more adventurous.
And when we say we’re world class, it’s not just our opinion. Skiing Magazine traditionally ranks us in the top 20 in North America for backcountry terrain. We think that says a lot.
2 New Lifts. Crystal Mountain spent close to $4.0 million on improvements last year on 2 new chairlifts. Chair 6/High Campbell has been replaced with a new double lift giving access to Crystal’s advanced terrain and the South Backcountry. The Quicksilver chairlift has been replaced with a fixed grip quad chairlift, improving capacity. In addition, the slope has been regraded and the top terminal has been moved downhill, making this a much better option for beginner intermediates who are ready to move off the Discovery Chair.
Here are just a few of the things that make Crystal really special.
- The base-to-summit Mt. Rainier Gondola for non-skiers, skiers, boarders & everyone else.
- Fine dining at the Summit House, Washington’s highest restaurant. Gourmet lunch every day.
- Kids 10 & under ski free every day – up to 2 free kids per paying adult.
- The Sasquatch Terrain Park on the Forest Queen chair.
- Guided snowshoe tours into Crystal Mountain’s backcountry.
- The Snorting Elk Cellar, a locals’ favorite and recipient of an honorable mention as Skiing Magazine’s best ski bar.
- World-class boot fitting through Bootworks.
- RDL Demo Center at the top of the Gondola.
- Avalanche Education and Ski Touring Workshops through Pro Guiding Service.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT CRYSTALMOUNTAINRESORT.COM